Architecture, Architectural Design and Theory. Architectural Design Methodology, High Density Development and Architecture Coexistence.
Dr. Chunfang DONG started his undergraduate courses of architecture speciality in Department of Architecture Tongji University from 1981, and received successfully the Degree of Bachelor, Master and PhD of the same major in Tongji University. He has been working in Department of Architecture Tongji University since he got Master Degree in 1989.
He has been long engaged in researching and teaching of Architectural Design Methodology. His main research interests are High Density Development and Architecture Coexistence. He has published a monograph titled Architecture to High Density, and he has also written over 40 influential theses on the most authoritative publication such as Architectural Journal and World Architecture. Simultaneously he has been of abundant experiences of design for architecture, planning and urban design. Dr. Chunfang DONG has got remarkable achievements on researching, teaching and designing.
Dr. Chunfang DONG was once a visiting scholar in the University of Hong Kong and had a study tour in several European Countries. He cooperates on researching, teaching and designing with Osaka University Japan, University of New South Wales Australia and so forth.
He has been a National First Class Registered Architect in China since 2000, and has been a Professor Grade Architect in Tongji Architectural Design (Group) Co.,Ltd.
Grants and Awards:
1. DONG Chunfang, Multi-layer Settlement, First-class Award, UPDISCC 2013 “10×10×100” Design Competition, Shenzhen, 2014
2. DONG Chunfang, Renovation of 0.8 Shikumen Style House on Tangshan Road, Shanghai, China, 2013. WA Awards for Chinese Architecture 2014.
1. High Density Development and Architecture Coexistence. For graduate students.
2. Architecture Design (II). For graduate students (international course).
3. Design Studio and Graduate Design. For grade 3-grade 5 undergraduate students.
1. Chunfang DONG, Architecture To High Density, China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, 2012, ISBN : 9787112142231
董春方，高密度建筑学，中国建筑工业出版社，北京，2012，ISBN : 9787112142231
1. Chunfang DONG, Spatial Revolution: Reflections on the Renovation of 0.8 Shikumen Style House, Architectural Journal, No.546, 02/2014, pp101-105
2. Chunfang DONG, Density and Urban Form, Architectural Journal, No.527, 07/2012, pp22-27
3. Chunfang DONG, Architectural Consideration to Urban High Density, Architectural Journal, No.500, 04/2010, pp20-23
4. Chunfang DONG, Jing XIAO, Experiencing Space from Scene: Influence of Performing Arts on Architecture, Architectural Journal, No.453, 05/2006, pp48-50
5. Chunfang DONG, Shan YANG, Shape Weakening and Layering: A Kind of Trend in Architectural Shape and Form, Architectural Journal, No.418, 06/2003, pp19-22
6. Chunfang DONG, “Link” Used in Architectural Design, Architectural Journal, No.323, 07/1995, pp35-37
7. Chunfang DONG, Architecture and Activities, Architectural Journal, No.310, 06/1994, pp20-24
8. Chunfang DONG, Impression of The Buildings in Hong Kong, The Official Journal Of The Hong Kong Institute Of Architects, No.19/1st Quarter 1999, pp94-95
9. Chunfang DONG, Bin GE, The Fashion Trend and Its Impact on Modern Architecture, World Architecture, No.250, 04/2011, pp112-115
10. Chunfang DONG, Being and Nothingness: The Mind of Kazuyo Sejima’s Space, Interior Design, China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, Vol.36, 07/2012, pp100-101